Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What a year it has been!


It has been an exciting year. This year we decided to move on base to save some money. With me no longer having to commute to Raleigh since I was now working from home, we found no need for us to live so far from the base. We bought a new truck and then, SURPRISE!!! we were pregnant. Then we sold the truck while we still could and became official parents to be sporting around a mini-van. My what a couple of months. We also had the opprotunity to go to Toronto for a couple of days to play and to see Celine Dion in concert. What an amazing show! We were three seats from the stage and if it weren't for the people in those seats we could have reached up and touched her. It was a great get away just before Ethan was born.

Kevin-Gave up his new truck for the mini-van. He is taking courses online trying to finish his bachelor's degree, I think we are down to 8 more classes. If all goes according to plan, he should (cross our fingers and toes) be finished by Spring 2010. He finally got around to transferring any and all other credits he had to the Community College of the Air Force. The result, he received his associates degree. I guess the life of a professional part time student is never done. (close but never done). When we moved into our new ward at Church, Kevin was called to be the primary chorister and he loved it and they loved him. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long, after a couple of months, he was pulled out of Primary and into the Elders Quorum presidency.

As for ME-I had to go back into braces this year, oh the joy!! It's amazing how braces have changes in the last 20 years (I was 10 the 1st time I had them). Then we found out I was pregnant and having our 1st baby. I was blessed with an uneventful pregnancy and the ability I had to work from home. Because of that I did not miss any work except to go to the DR's for my check ups. I think if I had to commute or be around other people it may have been a different story, instead I had the privilege to be miserable and nauseated at home in my PJ's. Then the blessed day came and Ethan Martin Pressgrove came into our lives on 18 Nov 2008 at 9:10AM. As for me and church, I was called to the YW's presidency on our 2nd Sunday, but that didn't last long as well. We had a change in the RS and well, now I get to play with the adults and am the 2nd couselor in the RS over education. As of yesterday at 4:55pm I am gainfully unemployed. That's right, it is offical I am a full time mom. I turned in my resignation yesterday and no loger have a job, at least one that deposits money into my checking account every two weeks. Instead I have the best job ever, being mom to Ethan.

Ethan- Our dear Ethan is offically 5 weeks old today. He has grown like weeds that live in my garden! He is longer and bigger than when we brought him home. He still loves to nap and eat. He is starting to wake up for longer periods of time and he has the best smile ever. Every time we look at pictures that we take we compare them to the ones from a few days before and are amazed at how he has changed and grown.

Buddy the Cat- Our beloved Buddy is doing better since his scare this past fall. For those who don't know, he became very sick and had stopped eating and lost several pounds in just a couple of weeks. He was constantly sick to his stomach and after several trips to the Vet for blood work, x-rays, some kind of scope thing along with a biopsy, and yes even a cat scan (and over $1300 later) we found that he has something that the vet described as similar to irritable bowl syndrome. He now has to get a steroid shot every month to make sure he doesn't get sick. He did recover and is now back to his independant self, and wants to be cuddled and lovable on his terms. How ever his world was rocked one more time when Ethan came home from the hospital. He still dosen't know what to think of Ethan, but has figured out (much to his dismay) Ethan is not going away. He is becoming more brave and gets close to Ethan, sniffs him and walks away.

We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
Love the Pressgroves!

PS, if you are waiting for a card/letter in the mail, your waisting precious moments that you could be doing something more productive. Basically, it didn't happen this year, and this posting is a close as it's going to get this year. We've been a little busy with the newest member of our family.

1 comment: