1. When you pick 18 lbs of berries you need 15 lbs of sugar and end up with 24 pints of jam.

2. When taking hubby with you in canning aisle... bright ideas happen, and you end up making pickles (see above picture)
3. What goes better with homemade jam? warm homemade bread... yummmy (recipe in older blog post)
The best part is all the jars sealed and the jam set and the pickels worked as well. The only down part: our house smelled like pickle juice for almost a week.





Might I just say that those are the yummiest pickles, the yummiest jam AND the yummiest bread!!! Adi asks for pickles ALL the time (no thanks to Little Rascles) but we're down to 2 so we might need more, or just instrucions on how to can pickles. I've never canned anything, but I'd sure like to try!! I forced myself to try making the bread by signig up to bring bread to a church activity. It turned out great! Well I think so. It looked perfect and the little crumbs tasted good. Hopefully the YM & YW enjoyed it. Thanks for everything! We're looking forward to spending more time with you guys!
ReplyDelete