Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This is my brain on Diet Coke.....any questions?

Well, the last couple of months I have kind of been in a funk.  Between Mom passing, Mandy's father-in-law passing 3 1/2 weeks later, Kevin going back to Korea (only 46 more weeks to go), and 2 kids that decide to get sick two days after Kevin leaves i haven't felt like doing much of anything.  I don't remember what it is like to sleep through the night or to wake up with what sleep i was able to get with out two small children in bed (one of which i don't remember taking out of the crib and bringing to bed with me).  I doesn't look like much is getting done, even though i spend most of my days doing laundry, dishes, and changing diapers.  Can i just tell you how much I miss the cleaning lady.
I crave nap time for the boys, the trick is to get them back on the same nap schedule so i might get a nap.  Ethan sadly has begun to out grow naps.  It is becoming a rare occasion that i can get him to go down, and it never fails with in minutes of him going down, Blayne is awake.   And if i can get Ethan down, it is no longer the 2 1/2 hr naps he once took, but more around an hour. 
 Then there is dealing with Mom's "stuff". That is a catagory all it's own, and there are days I just want to pull my hair out.
My goal of quiting diet coke is now on the back burner, it is what get's me to the end of the day most days.
This week I have started going back to the gym.  With the supervised play room for the kids, i think this will be part of an almost daily routine.  If for no other reason than to keep my sanity and for some mommy time.  It has been about two months, and i can tell when i get on the treadmill that i can't jog or run as long as i used to, but i can now run/jog for 2 1/2 minutes without holding on for dear life and wanting to pass out or cry.  I can then finish my time by walking, now up to 35min. ( i was up to 60min).
All I know is that it is going to be a very LONG year.

No comments:

Post a Comment