This is our last day on the road! Thank goodness. We were all tired of riding in the cars. I do have to say what a fabulous job the boys did. There were only a couple of times they were on the verge of a mutany if we didn't pull over and eat or play. I think our main saving grace was the portable dvd players that kept them entertained and their minds off being in the car for the most part.
We had turned in our car at port to be shipped to the UK, so we had to pick up a rental car to get us to NC. I went to pick it up and the girl said that she could upgrade me for only $12 TO a Tahoe. I was a little hesitant and didn't know if it would have the trunk space to hold everything. She insisted it would, so OK why not. As hard as we tried, it did't work, We had one suitecase and double stroller too many. So I went back to return it and pick up the mini-van I had originally wanted. She then offered a Suburban. Reallly? The woman just did not want to give up the minivan she had to a one way rental. I asked how much more and she said nothing. Nothing?! OK why not, it would give us some more room. Well, I guess it was the way we packed it, but it seemed that we had more space in our own van. It fits and I wasn't going back. We just wanted the road trip to be over! I must say it was a comfy ride in the suburban.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment